The Brick Point Fire Department was founded in 1895 after the town's church caught fire from a lightning bolt. The fire spread to the nearby flour mill and then to the bank. The town had a population of 1,200 residents and lost 78 residents in the fire. The city council conversed and came up with a fire department. The head council member chose ten men to become the first firefighters and bought a horse drawn steam engine as the first Brick Point Fire Engine. In 1905, the city bought a horse drawn ladder wagon. The town started to grow and expand. By 1920, the population was 1,750 residents. In 1933, the fire department got a mack fire engine and a mack tiller ladder. Today the town population is 5,236 residents. The fire department has a 1975 Mack CF pumper with a restored cabinet design and a new pump, a 1980 pierce arrow 75' quint, a 2008 Pierce Enforcer Engine with an FDNY style cabinet design, a 2010 International/Duristar tanker, a 2008 Ford F-450 Brush truck with body work by Pierce, and a 2010 Ford Excursion.